What you need
- 250g butter, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2-3 cup ground almonds
- ½ cup caster sugar, extra
- ¼ cup custard powder
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 125g CADBURY White Baking chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- Pulp of 2 passionfruit
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Fresh fruit
How to make it
- COMBINE the butter, flour, sugar and almonds in a food processor and process until the ingredients are combined. Gently knead to form a soft dough. Flatten into a disc shape. Wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- ROLL the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper to 8mm thickness. Use a 7cm round cutter to cut 24 rounds. Use a 1.5cm cutter to remove the centre of 12 rounds. Place the sables on paper lined baking trays allowing room to spread. Chill for 30 minutes. Bake in a slow oven 150°C for 30-35 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
- COMBINE the extra sugar and custard powder in a saucepan, stir in the milk and vanilla. Whisk over a medium heat until custard boils and thickens. Cover and cool. Beat the cold custard until smooth. Gradually add the PHILLY and melted chocolate and beat until smooth. Fold in passionfruit pulp. Chill for 30 minutes.
- TO assemble, place a sable on a serving plate and spread with passionfruit custard. Top with another sable (centre removed), press down gently and dust with icing sugar. Serve with fresh fruit.
Heavenly hint: Waste not, want not. The small cut-out centres can be baked at the same time and eaten as a snack.