What you need
You'll need a non stick frypan, a baking tray and a microwave or small pot for the jam.
- 1 x 250 gm ( 8 oz ) punnet strawberries ( frozen is fine)
- 1/4 cup ( 100 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Bagel French Toast:
- 4 bagels cut in half
- 1 x 250 gm light Philadelphia spreadable (8 oz)
- 1 extra Punnet of Strawberries for serving (250 gm/ 8 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (125 ml)
- Vanilla extract or seeds (1/2 teaspoon)
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup or sugar
- 30-40 gm (1- 1/2oz) butter for cooking or oil if you prefer
- 1/4 cup toasted pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup Cocoa bombs
- maple syrup
How to make it
- Put the strawberries water and maple syrup into a bowl and microwave on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until they are just boiling and softened
- Crush the strawberries well with a fork and stir in the chia seeds. Cover and set aside.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with the vanilla and maple syrup. Line the baking tray with paper
- Heat the frypan on a low to medium heat and add 1/2 the butter and swirl around the frypan. Dip each bagel half into the egg mixture and let it soak up the custard before shaking and adding the bagel inside, flat side into the pan first. Continue with the amount that will fit into your frypan. Cook till set and starting to colour lightly before turning over. You may need to add more butter.
- When each bagel is cooked- the egg is set and the outside is lightly coloured, put it onto the tray and keep it in a warm place.
- Spread each bagel with a thick coating of Philly Spreadable then top with chia jam, strawberries and extras to taste.
Recipe created by My Kitchen Stories.