What you need
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
- 125g butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mince Filling
- 410g jar fruit mince
- 1 large apple, grated
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 2/3 cup caster sugar, extra
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 2 eggs, extra, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour, extra
- Chocolate holly leaves, for decoration
- Red glacé cherries, chopped, for decoration
How to make it
- COMBINE flour, icing sugar, cocoa and butter in a food processor and process just until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and pulse to combine. Gently knead until smooth. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper. Cut 16 x 10cm rounds to line 8cm fluted tart pans with removable bases. Prick well with a fork.
- BAKE in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- COMBINE the fruit mince, apple and brandy in a bowl. Spoon into the pastry cases.
- Beat the PHILLY and extra sugar until smooth. Add the cream and extra eggs and beat to combine. Gently stir in the extra flour. Spoon over the fruit mince. Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until set. Stand for 10 minutes in the pans before removing to a wire rack. Cool.
Tip: Use a jolly amount of CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts to pipe holly leaves and use red glacé cherries for the berries.