What you need
- 7 egg whites
- 1¼ cups caster sugar
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon CADBURY Bournville Cocoa, sifted
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- 150g CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, to make curls, for decoration
How to make it
- BEAT the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the sugar, beating well between each addition until dissolved. Fold in the almonds and cocoa.
- DIVIDE the meringue mixture into three. Spread meringue to make 3 x 24cm circles on paper lined baking trays. Bake in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 1 hour. Allow to cool in the oven with door ajar.
- HEAT the cream in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until melted. Transfer to a bowl to cool and thicken.
- BEAT the PHILLY, sugar, liqueur, coffee mixture and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- TO assemble, place a meringue disc on serving platter then spread with one third of the chocolate ganache. Spread half the PHILLY mixture over ganache. Repeat the layers, finishing with the remaining meringue spread with ganache. Refrigerate overnight for layers to soften. Garnish with white chocolate curls before serving. Refrigerate overnight.
Tip: Use a pencil to mark the underside of the baking paper with 24cm circles to ensure meringues are all the same size.
- SPREAD melted chocolate onto a clean, smooth surface. When the chocolate is just set, push a clean broad bladed knife across the surface to make the curls.