What you need
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup white dessert wine e.g. Sauterne
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 strip of orange rind, no pith
- 6 very small pears, peeled and cored, leaving stem intact
- 125g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 100g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons SR flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- 1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
How to make it
- COMBINE the flour, icing sugar, cocoa and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and pulse to combine. Gently knead until smooth. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- ROLL out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper. Cut 6 x 15cm rounds to line 8.5cm round (3cm deep) fluted tart pans with removable bases. Prick well with a fork and bake in a hot oven 200°C for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- COMBINE the water, wine, sugar, liqueur and orange rind in a saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, add the pears then simmer gently for 10-15 minutes or until just tender. Remove the pears then simmer the liquid until thick and syrupy. Set aside.
- BEAT together the PHILLY, chocolate, flour, extra caster sugar and egg until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the pastry cases, then place a pear in the centre of each tart.
- BAKE in a moderate oven 180°C for 40-45 minutes or until cooked. Stand for 15 minutes before moving to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool with a drizzle of the reserved syrup.
Tip: The perfect pear? When in season, use Corella, otherwise any small pears will do.