What you need
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup long grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup water, extra
- ½ cup dark rum
- 3 large Beurre Bosc pears, peeled, cored and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- 10g butter
- 100g CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate, extra, shaved for decoration
How to make it
- BRING the water to the boil in a saucepan. Add the rice, cover and cook over a very low heat for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- STIR in the milk, PHILLY, sugar, cinnamon stick and vanilla and simmer uncovered, stirring often, for 20-30 minutes or until thick.
- COMBINE the extra water, rum, pears, raisins, extra sugar and butter in a large frypan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until the pears are just tender. Remove the lid and simmer a further 5-10 minutes until the liquid is syrupy.
- REMOVE the cinnamon stick from the rice and stir through the chocolate. Spoon the rice pudding into serving glasses, top with pears and a sprinkle of shaved chocolate. Serve immediately.
Tip: The pears can easily be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Simply reheat gently to serve.