What you need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (150g), finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 medium carrot (120g), grated
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Cream For Cooking, a cream alternative
- 375g spaghetti
- grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
How to make it
- HEAT the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- ADD the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- ADD the beef and stir until brown, breaking up any large lumps.
- ADD the carrot, zucchini and tomato paste and stir for 5 minutes.
- STIR in the tomatoes, water and PHILLY Cream For Cooking and simmer covered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- COOK the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
- DRAIN and divide between four serving bowls. Top with bolognese sauce and parmesan, if liked.
This delicious bolognese sauce is so versatile. Serve with spaghetti, spoon over jacket potatoes, or add some red kidney beans for a tasty taco filling.