What you need
- 125g block PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cup fresh chunky breadcrumbs
How to make it
- COMBINE PHILLY, cream, garlic and thyme in a saucepan. Cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes until smooth. Season as desired.
- LAYER 1/3 of the potatoes into the base of a 26 x 18 cm ceramic baking dish. Top with half of the onions. Repeat layering, finishing with potatoes.
- POUR PHILLY mixture evenly over potatoes. Cover with foil and bake at 180ºC for 50 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake a further 10 minutes, until crumbs are golden and potatoes are tender.
Tip: Add chopped prosciutto to the breadcrumbs for a crisp and tasty variation.