What you need
- 2 large continental cucumbers
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 300g thinly sliced ham, smoked salmon or rare roast beef
- 1 small red capsicum, finely sliced into 5cm lengths, or
- 1 punnet snow pea sprouts, trimmed to 5cm lengths
- fresh dill sprigs, to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it
- SLICE along the length of the cucumbers with a vegetable peeler to give 24 slices. Pat the slices dry on paper towel.
- COMBINE PHILLY, horseradish, herbs, and rind in a small bowl.
- SPREAD 2 teaspoons over each cucumber slice (it can be slippery at first). Top the slices with meat or smoked salmon and trim to fit. Place bundles of red capsicum or snow pea sprouts at one end of each slice. Roll up cucumber to enclose the filling. Stand upright and refrigerate until filling is firm.
- GARNISH with dill sprigs and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Tip: For that extra special touch: skewer an extra piece of meat or smoked salmon around the cucumber roll with a toothpick. Sprinkle with extra salt and pepper.