What you need
- 3 1/2 cups almond meal
- 175g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large ripe banana (about 240g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 500g PHILADELPHIA Original Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9 teaspoons caster sugar, for serving
- 9 strawberries, halved, for serving
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 180°C for convection oven or 160°C for fan force oven. Line muffin pan with patty pans and set aside.
- ADD almond meal, butter and brown sugar. Mix until well combined. Press the almond meal crumbs into the base of patty pans and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160°C for convection oven or 140°C for fan force oven. Mash banana with lemon juice and set aside.
- IN a large mixing bowl, cream PHILADELPHIA cream cheese and caster with a handheld/stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Stir in the mashed banana into the batter until well mixed. Dollop the cream cheese batter onto the cooled almond meal crust and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the surfaces of the mini cheesecakes are light golden brown.
- TRANSFER the cheesecakes onto a plate to cool completely. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for one to two hours until they are set.
- SPRINKLE a half teaspoon of sugar on each mini cheesecake and caramelised the sugar with a blow torch. Finish off with halved strawberries for decoration and serve immediately.
Recipe created by Emily Tan from Fuss Free cooking.
Visit Emily’s blog here for more delicious and practical home cooking ideas.