What you need
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 125g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 500g PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 85g passionfruit pulp (½ of 170g canned passionfruit pulp)
- 150g pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup maple syrup plus extra for final drizzling
- 85g passionfruit pulp (remaining ½ of 170g canned passionfruit pulp)
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 180°C for convection oven or 160°C for fan force oven. Line the bottom of a 20cm spring form pan with baking paper and grease the side of the pan with melted butter. Set aside.
- ADD almond meal, butter and brown sugar. Mix until well combined. Press the almond meal crumbs over base and the side of the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- PREHEAT oven to 160°C for convection oven or 140°C for fan force oven. In a large mixing bowl, cream PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese and caster sugar with a handheld/stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- ADD eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Add vanilla extract and passionfruit pulp. Continue beating until all the ingredients are well combined. Transfer the cream cheese batter onto the cooled almond meal crust.
- PLACE the spring form pan on a flat cookie pan to avoid leakage. Bake the cheesecake on the bottom rack (this is to prevent the surface from cracking) for an hour, or until the surface of the cheesecake appears to be light golden brown.
- TRANSFER the cheesecake onto a plate to cool completely. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for at least 3 hours, until it is fully set.
Caramelised Pineapple Topping:
- IN a non-stick pan, add ¼ cup of maple syrup and cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Add pineapple and cook to reduce the maple syrup to a toffee like consistency. Transfer the caramelised pineapple onto a plate to cool. Meanwhile, add the remaining passionfruit onto the same pan and cook until jam consistency is achieved.
- ADD the cooled caramelised pineapple onto the cheesecake, followed by the passionfruit. Drizzle with more maple syrup if preferred and serve immediately.
Recipe created by Emily Tan from Fuss Free cooking.
Visit Emily’s blog here for more delicious and practical home cooking ideas.