What you need
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ leek, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 3 rindless rashers bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, chopped
- 2 teaspoons seeded mustard
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 450g rockling fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g scallops, cleaned
- 125g peeled green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 9 small button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 sheets puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for glazing
- Crusty bread, for serving
How to make it
- HEAT oil in a saucepan and sauté leek, carrot, celery, corn and bacon for 8-10 minutes until well softened but not coloured.
- STIR in flour and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add milk and stir until smooth. Mix in PHILLY until smooth. Add mustard, lemon rind and juice and cook for a further minute. Remove from heat, season to taste and cool for 10 minutes.
- DIVIDE seafood and mushrooms between 6 x 11/4 cup capacity ramekins. Spoon white sauce over the seafood.
- CUT pastry into 6 rounds, 1½ cm larger in diameter than the ramekins. Brush undersides of pastry with egg and place rounds on top of the ramekins with the outer rim of pastry overlapping. Press firmly around the edges. Brush with egg. Bake in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 20-22 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Tip: These pies are best enjoyed as soon as they come out of the oven.