What you need
- I tablespoon oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups beef stock
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 800g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Steamed vegetables or green salad, to serve
How to make it
1. HEAT the oil in a fry pan and cook the mince for 5-8 minutes or until well browned. Remove and set aside.
2. ADD the onion to the pan with the carrot, celery, zucchini and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until softened then stir through the flour and a cook a further minute. Return the mince to the pan with the stock, wine, tomato paste, herbs and season to taste. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprig.
3. MEANWHILE cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain and mash roughly. Stir through the PHILLY and Parmesan then season to taste.
4. SPOON the meat into a 2 litre rectangular baking dish then spoon the mash roughly over the top. Bake in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and potato is golden. Serve with steamed vegetables or a green salad.