What you need
- 1 cup sweet biscuit crumbs
- ¼ cup ground toasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 80g butter, melted
- 750g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, chopped and softened
- 11/3 cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, extra
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup crouchon Riesling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 strip of orange rind
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 firm, ripe pears, peeled, halved and cored
How to make it
- COMBINE the biscuit crumbs, walnuts, cinnamon and butter. Press into the base of a greased and lined 24cm springform pan. Chill.
- BEAT the PHILLY and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs then stir through the sour cream, vanilla and extra cinnamon. Pour filling into the prepared base. Bake in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 40-45 minutes or until just set. Cool in the oven with door ajar. Chill.
- MEANWHILE combine the water, wine, sugar, rind and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pears, cover with a wet sheet of baking paper to hold them under the liquid, and place a lid on the pan. Poach for 30-40 minutes or until pears are tender. Lift pears from pan and boil poaching liquid for 15 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Pour over the pears and chill until required.
- ARRANGE the pears over the cheesecake and drizzle with the syrup prior to slicing.
Tip: When lining the pan for a baked cheesecake extend the paper 3-4cm above the top of the springform pan.
Do Your Thing: try it at home then share your creation!
DO YOUR THING AND FRIDGE SHELFIES ARE TRADE MARKS OF MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL GROUP USED UNDER LICENCE.