What you need
- 200g mini sponge finger biscuits, cut in half
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 125g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 500g strawberries, halved
- 75g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, extra, grated
How to make it
- LINE the base of 6 x 1½ cup (9cm) capacity moulds or ramekins with baking paper, then line the sides snugly with biscuits, sugar coated curved sides facing outward.
- BEAT the PHILLY and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in milk, egg yolks and melted chocolate until thick and creamy.
- BEAT the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the PHILLY mixture, then spoon into biscuit lined moulds and refrigerate overnight.
- COMBINE the sugar, vinegar and water in a saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil then simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Add the strawberries and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes. Cool.
- INVERT the Charlottes onto serving plates. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and drizzle with the Balsamic Strawberries. Refrigerate overnight.
Tip: Charlottes like to take their time - they can be assembled up to 3 days ahead to allow biscuits to soften.