What you need
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 80g butter, melted
- 500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Menthe (optional)
- 3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 4 x 35g bars peppermint crisp, finely chopped and melted
- 3/4 cup cream, lightly whipped
- chocolate flakes, to serve
How to make it
- COMBINE biscuit crumbs and butter and press into the base of a 21cm springform pan; chill.
- BEAT PHILLY and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth. Add the Creme de Menthe and gelatine mixture and beat until well combined. Fold in melted peppermint crisp, then the cream, until combined.
- POUR mixture into prepared base and chill for 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with chocolate flakes.
Tip: For the perfect chilled cheesecake, mix the gelatine with the boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes before adding it to the PHILLY mix. Never add hot gelatine to a cold mixture as it sets into stringy lumps.