What you need
- 40g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground chillies
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 600g firm white fish fillets cut into 2cm thick slices
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 125g tub PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons cornflour, blended with 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- rice, to serve
How to make it
- MELT the butter in a large frying pan and saute the onion for 4 minutes, or until softened, add the spices and cook a further minute. Add the fish and saute for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked. Remove the fish from pan.
- POUR the wine into the hot frying pan, allow to reduce slightly. Stir in the combined PHILLY, stock and blended cornflour. Stir over a medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Return the fish to the pan; simmer gently for a further 5 minutes, season to taste.
- SPOON the fish onto serving plates and sprinkle with combined herbs. Serve immediately with rice.
Variation: In place of 600g fish, use 400g peeled green prawns and 200g scallops.