What you need
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 450g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, broken into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 3 teaspoons oil, extra
- ¼ cup pistachios or slivered almonds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups long grain rice
- 3 cups boiling chicken stock
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup currants
- Finely grated rind of 1 small orange
How to make it
- COMBINE the spices and sprinkle 1 teaspoon over the sweet potato in a bowl, add the oil and toss well. Place sweet potato on a paper lined baking tray and bake at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- PLACE the PHILLY on a paper lined baking tray. Spray with oil and add to the oven with sweet potato. Bake a further 10 minutes until lightly browned and sweet potato is cooked. Allow both to cool.
- HEAT the extra oil in a saucepan and cook pistachios, onion and remaining spices until golden and fragrant. Lift from pan and set aside.
- ADD the rice to the same saucepan and cook in the remaining oil, stirring continuously, for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Pour in boiling stock and quickly bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cover with a tight fitting lid. Simmer for 15 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat, place a double thickness of tea-towel between saucepan and lid and stand for 15 minutes.
- USE a fork to break up the rice before gently folding through parsley, currants, sweet potato and baked PHILLY. Sprinkle with the toasted pistachios, onion and the orange rind. Serve immediately.
Tip: Cooling the sweet potato and baked PHILLY allows them to firm so they can be folded through the cooked rice without breaking apart.