What you need
- 2 oranges
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 300ml thickened cream
- 220g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Extra Light Cream Cheese
- ⅔ cup pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
How to make it
- LINE base and sides of a 20 x 7cm (6cm-deep) bar pan with plastic wrap.
- PEEL and remove pith from oranges. Slice and put in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- PUT eggs, yolks, sugar and juice in a medium bowl and, using an electric hand-beater, beat until combined.
- PUT bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, taking care base of bowl does not touch water. Beat egg mixture for 5 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- USING clean beaters, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add PHILLY and beat until combined.
- FOLD half the cream mixture into egg mixture with a large metal spoon. Add remaining cream mixture and fold into egg mixture. Reserve 2 tablespoons of pistachios, then stir remainder into mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle over reserved pistachios.
- COVER and put in freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- INVERT semifreddo onto a serving plate. (Dip pan in hot water to remove, if necessary.) Serve with orange slices.
*Preparation time = 25mins + 6 hours or overnight freezing time