What you need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500g chicken livers, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup Cointreau or Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, chopped and softened
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cheese and Cornmeal Biscuits, for serving
How to make it
- HEAT one tablespoon of oil in a large fry pan and cook onion and garlic gently for 5 minutes or until soft and tender. Remove and set aside.
- WIPE the pan clean; add another tablespoon of oil, chicken livers and thyme and cook for 5-7 minutes or until just cooked through. Add liqueur and rind and cook for a further minute. Cool slightly.
- TRANSFER the mixture to a food processor; add onions and PHILLY and process until smooth. Season to taste. Transfer to serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until firm. Serve with the Cheese and Cornmeal Biscuits.
Tip: Make a day or two ahead to allow time for flavours to develop.