What you need
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1½ cups chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 100g butter, extra, melted
- 750g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 200g CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts, melted and cooled slightly
- 1-2 teaspoons flavourless red food colour
- Cream, for serving
How to make it
- RUB the butter into the combined flour and sugar until the mixture forms a crumbly dough. Add the coconut and press together into small lumps. Transfer mixture to a baking paper lined tray and bake in a moderate oven 180°C, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container until required.
- COMBINE the chocolate biscuit crumbs and extra butter. Press into the base of a greased and fully paper lined (ensure the paper extends 3-4cm above the top of the pan) 24cm round springform pan. Chill.
- BEAT the PHILLY, extra sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until just smooth. Beat in the eggs then stir through the buttermilk, chocolate and food colour. Pour the filling into the prepared base.
- BAKE in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 50 minutes or until just set. Cool in the oven with door ajar. Chill.
- COVER the top of the cheesecake with the prepared crumble just prior to serving, slice and serve with a dollop of cream.
NB: Food colours differ in their intensity, so more or less may be needed depending on which one you use.