What you need
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 200g CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 175g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons Marsala
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup SR flour
- ½ cup CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
- 125g CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate, extra, broken into pieces
- ¼ cup pure cream
- CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, peeled into curls, for decoration
How to make it
- COMBINE the PHILLY, chocolate, butter, sugars, coffee and Marsala in a bowl over simmering water. Stir over a medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from heat and cool.
- BEAT the eggs into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the sifted flours and cocoa. Pour mixture into a greased and paper lined 22cm springform pan.
- BAKE in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 1 hour or until cooked when tested. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Cool.
- COMBINE the extra chocolate and cream in a saucepan and stir over low heat until chocolate has melted. Transfer to a bowl and cool until firm enough to spread.
- SPREAD the ganache over the cake and decorate with chocolate curls.
Tip: Serve with our White Chocolate Chai Ice Cream, the perfect partner in crime.
Quick Chocolate Curls
- Allow a block of CADBURY Dark, Milk or White chocolate to soften in a warm room and use a vegetable peeler to shave off curls.