What you need
- 20 scallops, in the shell
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25g butter, diced
- 1 leek, halved lengthways and finely sliced
- 6 slices bacon or pancetta, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 100g PHILADELPHIA Block Light Cream Cheese, chopped or broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ bunch chives, finely snipped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges, to serve
How to make it
- HEAT the olive oil and butter in a frypan over a low heat; add the leek and cook until soft and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Add the lemon rind, PHILLY Light Cream Cheese and parsley and stir to combine.
- REMOVE scallops from shells and set aside in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- ARRANGE scallops shells on a baking tray and spoon the bacon and leek mixture into the shells. Top each shell with a scallop and a sprinkling of chives.
- ROAST the scallops in a hot oven 200°C for 10 minutes and serve as a starter with lemon wedges or with a green salad.
Perhaps with the exception of peaches and cream, nothing pairs quite so well in the food world as seafood and pork; in this case, scallops and bacon. Ask your fish monger to clean the scallops for you, removing any grit but keeping them in their half shells. The creamy addition of PHILLY Light Cream Cheese here just makes the entire dish all the more luxurious.