What you need
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg tomatoes, halved and de-seeded
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, extra
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Light Cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced, fried until crisp and drained, for garnish
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
How to make it
- COMBINE the carrots, paprika, cumin and half of the oil and toss well. Place on a paper lined baking tray and bake in a hot oven 200°C for 30 minutes.
- PLACE the tomatoes and onions cut side up on a paper lined baking tray then drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with extra paprika, seasonings and garlic slices. Place in the oven with carrots and bake for a further 20 minutes or until tomatoes are softened and carrots are tender.
- PLACE the roasted vegetables and juices in a saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool slightly then transfer to a food processor. Process until smooth then return to the saucepan. Stir in the PHILLY and sugar and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Season to taste.
- LADLE into serving bowls and garnish with the chorizo and coriander. Serve immediately.
NB: A little extra stock may be needed if the soup is too thick.