What you need
- 125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 75g butter, softened
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⅓ cups SR flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 200g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g butter, extra, softened
- 1¼ teaspoons mixed spice
- 100g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, extra, roughly chopped
How to make it
1. COMBINE the PHILLY, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Stir in the sifted flour and baking powder and mix with an electric mixer until smooth and pale in colour.
2. COMBINE the chocolate, extra butter and spice in a bowl over simmering water. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
3. SPOON one quarter of the PHILLY mixture into the base of a greased 21cm x 11cm loaf pan. Spread one third of the melted chocolate over the cake mixture. Repeat layers, finishing with a layer of the cake mixture. Sprinkle with extra chopped chocolate.
4. BAKE in a moderate oven 180°C for 1 hour or until cooked when tested. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Cool.
Heavenly hint | When it comes to spreading the chocolate layer over the cake mixture, don't delay! It firms quickly as it cools.