What you need
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken stock
- 4 mini pita bread, cut into wedges
- Olive oil spray
- 1/3 cup dukkah
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Extra Light Cream For Cooking, a cream alternative
- Black pepper, to taste
- Chopped coriander and parsley, for garnish
How to make it
- HEAT the oil in a saucepan; add spices and onion and saute over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- SPRAY the pita wedges with oil then sprinkle over the dukkah. Place on a baking tray and bake in a hot oven 200°C for 12-15 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool.
- BLEND or process the soup until smooth then return to the pan. Whisk in the PHILLY until smooth then season to taste. Simmer for a further 5 minutes until well heated. Ladle into serving bowls, scatter over the herbs and serve with the Dukkah Crisps. Serve immediately.
Simple to make and absolutely delicious....pumpkin soup has never tasted better!