What you need
- 500g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced lengthways
- 100ml PHILADELPHIA Cream for Cooking, a cream alternative
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make it
- WASH the spinach leaves in cold water and then drain in a colander. Snap off any coarse stems and discard. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic and cook for 10 seconds, then add the spinach leaves. Turn the heat to high and gently stir with a fork until spinach is just wilted, then add the nutmeg.
- LOWER the heat to medium, and add the PHILLY Cream for Cooking and seasonings and stir to combine. Serve the spinach hot as a side dish.
Spinach goes down to almost nothing when cooked, so you need a mass of leaves for this healthy version of creamed spinach. This is wonderful served with grilled lamb cutlets in the winter months, when a spinach-leaf salad just won't cut it. Be sure to get local garlic, the flavour is so much better.