What you need
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup Marsala
- 500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 300g sponge finger biscuits
- 125g CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts
- 60g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup thickened cream, extra
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, extra
- 2 tablespoons Marsala, extra
- 100g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, grated
How to make it
1. DISSOLVE the sugar and coffee in boiling water in a large bowl. Add the
Marsala and cool.
2. BEAT the PHILLY, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add the cream and beat to combine.
3. DIP one third of the biscuits in the coffee syrup so they are softened
but not soggy. Arrange, side by side, in the base of a paper lined 23cm x
11cm x 7cm loaf pan. Spoon over one quarter of the PHILLY mixture.
Repeat the layers twice. Cover and refrigerate, along with the remaining
quarter of PHILLY mixture overnight.
4. COMBINE the dark chocolate, butter, extra cream, extra coffee and
Marsala in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the chocolate and butter
5. TURN the gateau out of the pan and spread the sides with reserved
PHILLY mixture. Cover in grated chocolate then chill until firm. Place slices
on serving plates with a drizzle of Mocha Sauce.