What you need
- 15 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- 180g can tuna, drained
- 250g tub PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 2 spring onions, ends trimmed and finely sliced acrossways
- ¼ cup finely grated carrot
How to make it
- MIX together the tuna, PHILLY Spreadable Cream Cheese, spring onion and carrot in a bowl until well-combined, breaking up any chunks of tuna. Place bread on a chopping board and flatten each slice with the palm of your hand (or the side of your fist), or you can use a rolling pin if you want them nice and thin.
- TOP each slice with a slightly heaped tablespoonful of tuna mixture and spread to edges. Roll up tightly. Wrap the rolls tightly with cling wrap (you can wrap two rolls end-to-end at a time), twisting ends to secure, and chill in fridge until needed, preferably at least 1-2 hours.
- REMOVE from fridge and slice each into 4-5 pieces, about 2 cm width. Arrange on a platter. You can garnish with a little finely snipped chives if liked.
*Tip: It is not crucial to wrap the rolls in cling wrap. If you prefer you can simply chill them in the fridge on a plate covered with cling wrap or in an airtight container. However, you will get a more perfect result if you wrap them.
A plate of pinwheel sandwiches is perfect for a children's birthday party and is bound to be the first thing finished. Pretty bright rolls, filled with delicious things, they can be made hours ahead, popped into the fridge and then sliced before serving. It's essential to slice the spring onion and grate the carrot quite finely. Get thinly sliced bread if possible.