What you need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots (60g), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 anchovy fillets, rinsed and drained
- ¼ bunch dill
- 425g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 250g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Light Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (35g) sliced cornichons (pickled baby cucumbers)
- 16-24 thin slices baguette
- Cornichons, extra, for serving
How to make it
HEAT olive oil in a frypan on medium low and cook shallots, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until anchovies have softened. Remove from heat.
ADD dill to bowl of food processor and pulse to chop. Add shallot mixture, tuna, PHILLY Spreadable Light Cream Cheese, lemon juice and pepper and process until just smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. Stir through sliced cornichons and transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill for several hours until firm.
MEANWHILE make the toast: preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Arrange baguette slices on a baking tray and place in preheated oven for 8-10minutes until golden. Remove from oven and cool. Serve tuna pate with baguette toast and extra cornichons.
A platter of tuna pate, baguette toasts and cornichons is a lovely way to welcome guests, and is a perfect example of how generous entertaining doesn't have to cost the earth.