What you need
- 3 cups SR flour, sifted
- 375g unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cups caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 600g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 225g unsalted butter, extra
- 750g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 4½ cups icing sugar, sifted
How to make it
1. COMBINE the flour, butter, sugar, coffee and eggs in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, add the milk and stir until combined. Divide between 3 greased and paper lined 28cm cake pans.
2. BAKE in a moderate oven 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Cool.
3. COMBINE the chocolate and extra butter in a bowl over simmering water. Stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted. Cool slightly. Beat together the PHILLY and icing sugar with an electric mixer until smooth then beat in the chocolate mixture. Divide the frosting into 4 portions and chill.
4. SANDWICH the three cake layers together using half of the frosting. Spread another portion thinly over the top and sides of the cake. Chill for 1 hour. Use the remaining portion to finish the top and sides of the cake with a decorative pattern. Chill to allow the frosting to firm before slicing.
Heavenly hint | Transfer the cake to your serving plate and place strips of paper around the base to keep it clean while decorating. Make decorating easy by using plastic cake decorating tools available at kitchenware stores.