What you need
- 230g (1 x 18cm) unfilled round sponge cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup limoncello (lemon flavoured liqueur)
- 250g raspberries
- 250g strawberries, halved
- 200g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, grated
- 500g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, extra
How to make it
1. SPLIT the sponge cake in half horizontally, spread with three quarters
of the jam, sandwich together and cut into 2cm pieces. Place the cake
in the bottom of a 3 litre serving bowl. Drizzle over limoncello.
2. MELT the remaining jam in a saucepan, add the berries and cook until
the juices begin to run. Remove from heat and spoon over the sponge
cake in the bowl. Sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate.
3. COMBINE the PHILLY and sugar and stir until smooth, then dollop over
the berries. Sprinkle over remaining chocolate. Chill for at least 6 hours.
4. PLACE the almonds on a paper lined baking tray. Sprinkle with extra
sugar and bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 5 minutes or until golden.
5. SCATTER almonds over trifle and serve immediately.