What you need
- 200g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons coconut essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup SR flour
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- Vanilla Bean Roasted Pineapple
How to make it
1. PLACE the chocolate, PHILLY, butter, sugar, milk, vanilla and coconut
essence in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the chocolate and
butter have melted. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
2. WHISK in the eggs, sifted flours and coconut until smooth and
combined. Spoon mixture into a greased 24cm fluted cake pan.
3. BAKE in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 60-70 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Cool.
4. DECORATE the cake with Vanilla Bean Roasted Pineapple and serve
drizzled with syrup.
Vanilla Bean Roasted Pineapple
Serves 10-12 | Prep time 25 minutes | Cooking time 1 hour 20 minutes
1 small pineapple, peeled, halved lengthways and cut into 1cm thick slices
8 thin slices root ginger
¾ cup sugar
½ cup white rum
2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
1. ARRANGE pineapple in a single layer on a lined baking tray and top with sliced ginger. Combine sugar, rum and vanilla and pour over pineapple. Gently toss to coat.
2. BAKE in a hot oven 200°C, turning occasionally, for 35-45 minutes or until pineapple is golden and syrup has thickened slightly. Syrup will continue to thicken as it cools down. Use as required.
TIP: If pineapple juices appear to be drying up, add 2 tablespoons of water during the cooking process.